For some time, I have been searching for a device that will help me to stop snoring and that is also comfortable and practical to use. I have tried a range of mouth guards and I’ve investigated (but not tried) the rather scary-sounding pillar procedure.
Given the dismal results I got with most of the anti-snoring devices, I was beginning to think I would have to try the surgery and shoulder the cost even though it is only effective in some cases. Then I came across My Snoring Solution chinstrap.
Does it really work?
It’s almost unbelievable that anything this simple could actually work. All that it consists of is a ‘stop snoring’ chin strap. All the other devices that I had tried consisted of complicated mouth guards. My main problem with those was that they were just plain uncomfortable, and I can’t sleep well when I’m not comfortable.
I was really skeptical about the chin strap idea just because it was so different from what everybody else was doing, but I decided to buy it anyway. I’m afraid there isn’t much to tell. There’s no drama involved in fitting the chin strap and it sits comfortably. You can feel that you’re wearing something, but you don’t feel constricted in any way.
My experience wearing it
I could feel that it was pushing my jaw slightly forwards, which is good, because that’s what the mandibular advancement devices I had previously tried were supposed to do and that’s why they are supposed to work. The soft palate can’t collapse with your jaw in that position and the tongue can’t block the airways. As for the results, the news is excellent! I slept like a baby and I didn’t snore all night long. I was wondering how it had worked for others, so I did a little research…
I’ve read quite a lot of conflicting information about whether a MAD can actually treat sleep apnea. In my research, I found a whole lot of positive My Snoring Solution reviews and found mentions of sleep apnea. I dug a little deeper, and found two scientific papers that confirmed that a device like the chin strap can and does work for many sleep apnea sufferers. One study even measured the oxygen in the blood to determine whether the chin strap helped with respiration.
Why we like it
What’s so great about the MySnoringSolution device? Actually, quite a lot of things!
- It avoids unnecessarily complicated design, and it’s highly rated as a real cure for snoring.
- The support is distributed over a wider area, so there is no discomfort to keep you awake at night.
- Because you don’t have to put anything in your mouth, you won’t drool at night or have to struggle with getting used to a foreign object in your mouth when you sleep. Most people have disturbed sleep with mouthpieces.
- You don’t have to wait for weeks to see results. Simply wear your chinstrap and enjoy sweet, silent sleep.
- Many doctors recommend it. It’s even been featured by famous TV doctors who say it works for most snorers.
- Because it trains you to sleep with your jaw in the right position, you may well be able to enjoy snoreless sleep without wearing your device after a few months.
I hope that this review will save you from the long and costly journey I undertook in search of a cure for snoring and that the My Snoring Solution chin strap works as well for you as it did for me.